New ADF Possibly Sick :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishillyme

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I've just obtained a couple ADFs from PetSmart.

I have a 10 g tank. I used Tetra SafeStart to shorten the initial cycling from 6-8 weeks to 2 weeks. My water quality is testing well, nitrate, nitrite, chlorine, ammonia all zeroing out. Temp is 79 F. pH is a high (8.2ish rather than in the 6.5-7.5 range), but I'm reluctant to try to lower it and possibly cause more problems.

However, since I brought the frogs home 2 days ago I've been kind of paranoid about their behavior. For example, they seem to be spending a lot of time at the top of the tank. One is even spending time sitting on top of the floating log in the tank:

I'm not sure if it's the water or if they came to me sick or if they're just settling in. Ideas?

Attachments

• 20200602_094958.jpg
    20200602_094958.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 26
Hi all, quick update.
So one ADF did pass away and I took him and a water sample back to the pet store. They also say my water tests fine. Their best bet is that the tank DID have an ammonia spike at some point that poisoned the frogs, and now all I can do is wait and see if the other can recover.
Does this sound reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom