New project: fire belly toad or RCC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have an empty 10 gallon tank, used to home my Leo's till I got them a 29 gallon
So now, I have two options
Option 1: fire bellied toads
This is the one I am leaning to the most, since I only have pacaman frogs, tree frogs, a bullfrog, so not that many frogs, I want this the most, with 4 toads in it, it will cost me from 50-80 dollars to build, I can use live plants
Option 2: red clawed crabs
I can make a tank for them, thinking of 5-8 crabs, I'm leaning less into this one because I have some, they don't eat live food, not much personality, plus I can't use live plants on them
Cost for this build: 50-70 dollars
What would you guys recommend?

Cause, we are both in college and living with our parents and both sets of parents have said no more tanks...

My dad threw a fit because I had a 5 gallon QT tank in his bathroom for a week... Till I got done painting my bathroom

Ok, so I know that I haven't posted in a long time, but I got the tank up and running
So, I got some spare gravel I had and used for the bottom
I also found a large rock and thought it would be nice for them to get out of the water
That WAS, until I discovered the magic of toads and plants
So I decided to go with a terrarium, I went ahead and added some, well I forgot what it's called
I'm also cutting down a lucky bamboo and making like 3-4 short ones
Also, I'm taking out the rock, and building a land area with coconut fiber so I can put plants there
So all in all
What I have now
-10 gallon
-Small rocks as substrate for water
-Random plant
-Heater
What's up for the future
-Land area divided by acrylic, it will have coconut fiber and will serve as land area for toads, and substrate for plants
- Large River rock for water area, so it looks nicer
- some fake leaves for the walls
- a branch
- filter
- more live plants( suggestions welcome)
- duck weed
-light
-of course, toads
And 4 or 5 white clouds
Any suggestions or tips welcome!
Here is the tank, I know, it looks horrible for now, but it will look a lot better
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums...EEDC067-5127-0000056CB77DDECE_zps4d407d46.jpg
Here is the plant that will go in the coconut fiber once I get that, for now it stays in it's pot
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums...206BD0A-5127-0000056D4DB47FBD_zps1cd345eb.jpg

Sounds good. But with the fish you have to remember after tank is divided and only a few inches deep it may be a gallon or less. I would try some snails or 1 fish. Just make sure he has plenty of cover. Toads will get curious. Mine watch the snails some times. Also that is a bromiliad plant. Keep us updated on the progress.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Thanks, I mean, it will progress slowly, but it'll happen
Te water will be like 3 1/4 inches to 3 3/4 inches deep, what do you think I could add? Maybe some snails?

Ok so, some changes today
It looks a lot nicer
As I said before, the rock is temporary, but I moved it where the land area will go, the width of the rock will be the edge of the dirt area
I also got a lucky bamboo and propagated it, there are now 5 pieces, two will go in the land area, and three in the water
Also, I will add the canister filter on the left edge of the tank, and I will make it look like a waterfall by joining rocks together with silicone
Also, I added that plant decoration in the middle where that bamboo is, this is the only fake plant I will use besides wrapping a fake vine around a bend a branch
So this is what I have till now
Thank for following!
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums...CD31E34-5721-000005C7558AEDC8_zps9d6140dc.jpg

Oh it's just, I guess the bean if the tank or something, it has a rattlesnake and says south land reptile herp habitat

Can you post a pic? Mine has the same one, it was a freebie, I have water in it..:/

That's it! I have the thing filled to the top with fish in it! For 5 months!! The glass is thick and the silicone looks good..

Sounds good, but eventually, it could pop, I would get some tank silicone and seal the edges, just to make it safe

Sounds good, but eventually, it could pop, I would get some tank silicone and seal the edges, just to make it safe
i don't know.. I have silicone, it's got all the makings if a solid tank, 3/8 glass is pretty heavy duty, I've seen the silicone in the new reptile tanks and it def looks lighter duty than fish tanks, I'll just keep a good eye on it...thanks for the pic!

Back
Top Bottom