# of ADF's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have heard from several people that African Dwarf Frogs are social critters. I was wondering.. Is there a special number of frogs you should have? And should there be a certain ratio of male to female?

Like in a school of tiger barbs, you should have at least 6-8. Tetras, at least 6, but the more the merrier.

The reason I ask... I started up a 10 gallon tank months ago, and I finally got around to stocking it. I have one male betta in there, and four african dwarf frogs. Before and after I added the betta, all they do is hide. I was wondering... If I added a few more, would it make them come out more often...?

They eat just fine, and their color is good. I just want to make sure they are happy.

Four is plenty. IME I've found that if they have plenty of caves to hide in they will be more inclined to venture out and play.

Spot feeding with blood worms will also encourage them to spend more time out of their caves.

Four is plenty. IME I've found that if they have plenty of caves to hide in they will be more inclined to venture out and play.

Spot feeding with blood worms will also encourage them to spend more time out of their caves.

+1 on the bloodworms. Also the frozen brine shrimp work pretty well too. It seems mine are more active during certain time of day. More in the morning and right before I turn the lights out.

How long have you had the frogs? it could be they are just getting used to things as well.

I feed them three times a week with a mix of brine shrimp and blood worms... Ive had them about a week now, and they defintely know when they are being fed, already. They come right out to their little dish and wolf down.

I'll be going to the local craft store soon to pick up some of those tiny terra cotta pots for them to hide in. I just havent had the time to get over there.

DIY cocoanut caves are great too. If u like to make things.

My ADFs were always moving around. I had them in a barebottom though. It helps because moving around is more comfortable for them :)

At work, they are in a gravel tank. They dont seem to like that, at all. I hardly seem them moving around.

My tank has sand on the bottom, and they seem to love rooting around in it... There are actually depressions in the back near the plants where they dig little spots to rest in. Its insanely cute.

Get some floating plants or something and it might help them venture out more. My brother has one that loves the floating plants.

Back
Top Bottom