Post your RES turtles here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Show off your RES turtles and let's make this the longest thread in this category!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395027079.870466.jpg

Nice turtle. He knows its picture time. Funny when my critters pose when the camera comes out.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

View attachment 230097 my painted turtle taking a nap

Nice looking turtle. Just telling you it's shell is pyramiding like my turtle's shell is. It means your turtle is has too much protein in its diet and it need more veggies. It's kind of hard to feed them veggies because all they ever want are treats. Btw is that a southern painted or eastern painted.

It's a southern painted turtle and I have fed him lettuce a lot and a few times a week couple shrimp and then he has a lot if feeder fish in there and a pleco and craw dad and ghost shrimp it's an ecosystem

He was originally from the wild it may of had it in the past but I'll lay off the shrimp

You only have to feed your turtle 3 or 4 times a week. I use to feed mine every day until someone told me about the shell problem. Pyramiding is permanent on the outside but if your turtle is still growing it may even out. You have to worry about its insides because pyramiding is like being overweight and it might affect there life expectancy.

Here is my older painted turtle, and here is my brand new red ear slider hatchling

Sorry those aren't the best pictures they're very active haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395952730445.jpg
    1395952730445.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 1395952743902.jpg
    1395952743902.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom