What kind of Frog/Toad is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Beacious... It's a little difficult to tell for sure from that picture but it narrows things down quite a bit. If it has a dark area, almost like a mask, under the eye area then it's a wood frog... not very common in arkansas. I can't see the face in the picture but the rest of the body is looking a lot like that.
Wood Frog
Leopard Frog
Bull Frog

Are toads really frogs, or frogs toads for that matter? I was reading about the differences via google and one site said that toads are really frogs. Is this sort of a "square is a type of rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square" type of thing?

I didn't know that toads walked and thus had shorter legs.

hmm, I've never heard that... doesn't mean it's not true of course... I don't know a ton about them, but I like them. I knew that toads walk and have shorter legs... I actually like most toads better because they don't jump as far. I figure if it can only hop an inch or more instead of a foot or more, it might be happier in one of my tanks than one of those frogs that really like to jump. I had an american toad for a while that was really cool. I could get her, just guessing her, too eat out of my hand... I'm sometimes tempted to ditch fish and just stick with other critters but I am still thinking about catching a few orange throated darters... I saw hundreds and hundreds of them today and all of the males were Sooo colorful... anyway... I do like those amphibians...

frog

Yup, that's an orange throated darter... The ones I"ve been seeing down at the creek lately have been a lot prettier than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom