When to feed Treefrog Tadpoles/Froglets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone, I am raising a species of treefrog and today I noticed one had its arms while all the others only have legs, should I start feeding it bugs? when do I feed it bugs? thanks. Here's a picture of an adult,

Attachments

• 36815709_10160517191045591_6430642910672191488_n.jpg
    36815709_10160517191045591_6430642910672191488_n.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 103
I would imagine yes because it is a "big" frog now.

Even if they have legs only I would think they would eat the big foods. If it fits in their mouth it can be food.

You can feed live worms, frozen defrosted or freeze dried soaked before feeding. Tiny crickets, wingless fruit flies.

What have you been feeding them? As they grew?

So far they've only eaten boiled lettuce, also somewhere I read that you shouldn't feed them once they get arms and legs because they use their tails for nutrients until they're frogs?.

Honestly don't know about that but it doesn't seem right. (and I don not know the facts there) I would think they might be eating each other/like the big ones eat small ones, if they do not have any food. Babies of most types look for food to eat.

Either way it seems they are growing up and getting legs, and if that one specifically, they all should get them soon, they would be looking for a meal, so get ready.

He is very cute btw. What kind is it?

They absorb their tails which supply nutrients. But once they get limbs you should be feeding them foods like what Autumn pointed out.

I'm not sure what type it is, tho I believe that it may be a variation/morph of a Copes Grey Treefrog, Today I just noticed behind a filter there is a one without a tail and is about the size of a dime.

Back
Top Bottom