10 gal tank. FILTER HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhype14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys! I have a 10 gal tank. Any good powerful filter recommendation?? I bought my 10 gal tank @ petco including the filter. But the filter is too slow that won't make the water wave. Any good filter recommendation? Sorry I'm very newbie. Thanks

And also how many watts do i need for my 10 gal lightning. Thanks againn

Get a filter that is rated for 30gal. One that has a waterfall effect to it. This will create plenty of current in the water. My friend has a ten gal tank and for lights they have a 2 bulb t8 21"fixture from home depo. With one actinic bulb and one 10000k. There is a little overhang from the lights but it's not to bad. As far as I can tell the light is plenty for soft corals.

Try for a Fluval HOB filter rated for around 30 gallons as said above. Should aerate/move the water enough and run through whatever media (GFO, carbon, floss) you may have.

What is the dimension of the tank? Just find a T5HO or something with a few watts per gallon.

I would recommend an aquaclear hang on back. Versatile and a great filter. I have several of them running right now. had a 50g rated one on my 29g and it worked beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom