10 Gallon Aquarium OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasnhrpr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon aquarium for my kids. I have previosly had only freshwater fish in this aquarium. I was considering getting a couple of clownfish for this aquarium. Is this tank big enough for clownfish to survive? I have never done a saltwater aquarium before. Please give me any advice you can.

what youre talking about is called a Nano reef tank. I have 2 of them right now and if youre new to saltwater these are what you want to avoid. You can keep 1 clown fish in a 10g but thats it and you need constant testing of your water parameters since such a small volume of water can easily take a turn for the worse and ruin the whole tank. Im not saying to give up on the idea just saying you have to be vigilant about it and its not something a little kid could take care of.

Pick up a good book at the library " Starting a saltwater tank" get a new ver. 1999-2003 and do research before you go on and lose money on your investment.
You can place two clowns in a ten gallon, but you have to know first what you are doing. Testing,Water condition,lighting etc. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom