10 gallon saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of this may sound cool.. but you need to remember that the goby and pistol shrimp pairing up is one of those hit or miss things. It won't always happen, but it is possible. Don't be disappointing if you get the two expecting them to pair up and they don't..

Also.. i haven't seen a single goby that wasnt reef safe. All of them are.. so don't think that having coral will limit you as to what kind of goby you can get.. So far... every single goby that i have seen for sale on multiple sites.. are all reef safe.

For the pistol shrimp, you don't NEED to set up your tank with eggcrate or anything.. you just need to make sure that your formation is totally secured. The rocks at the bottom of the structure should be placed firmly in the sand, or touching the bottom. If a rock were to fall.. it would fall on the sand bed.. and wouldn't even come close to the glass on the bottom. And i know this because you will at least need 3" of depth in your sandbed if you want a pistol shrimp. They need that depth to burrow..

I have a 2.5" sandbed depth, and i have dropped a good size rock all the way from the very top of my tank, all the way to the sandbed.. and it didn't even get half an inch through the sand. As long as your structure and your bottom rocks are firmly secured.. you will be fine.

If I`m not mistaken your watchman gobies are a 30 gallon minimum. You`ll need to get a glown gogy or one that will do OK in a 10 gallon tank. I`m thinking the shrimp/goby thing wont work in a 10 gallon tank. JMO.

was he looking specifically at the watchmen/pistol combo? Since he didn't specify I took that as a shrimp and a goby.

Yes a clown goby and a shrimp will work but I took it they were talking a watchman goby/Pistol shrimp combo. Maybe I was wrong?

Yeah. The firefish are very nice fish and do very well from what i've heard in 10G tanks. I have one and i'm glad i bought him. He's an awesome fish to have. You can still get a clown goby.. and a pistol shrimp if you want.. but i don't think those types pair up. Never heard of a clown goby and a pistol shrimp pairing up..

Also, liveaquaria.com has compiled a listing of fish that can fit in small nano tanks. I think you should take a look at it. Maybe you'll find something you like that can go in your 10G

http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+2124

Also, the wheelers watchman goby can fit in a 10G tank.. sooo.. maybe your dreams of a pistol shrimp/goby pair aren't exactly crushed yet.. lol.

Did you miss my last post?? You can have a watchman in a 10G tank.. go to my last post.. i think you should read it.

img_1030299_0_59141b9042f0b228924f5952fb99c112.jpg

The fish on the left is a Citrinis Clown Goby. Excellent goby for that size tank. I had one in my 29 for awhile.

Did you miss my last post?? You can have a watchman in a 10G tank.. go to my last post.. i think you should read it.

cool i didnt see the wheelers watchman goby even if it doesnt pair up with the shrimp they look pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom