100g Reef Wall Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IchthyChris

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to cover the span of the back wall (56" x 26") with aragocrete. I have a custom set up that was made in the late 80's (all seals are good) that is half inch glass with the bottom drilled in the center. Originally set up as under gravel. I basically want to build a false wall for an overflow. It will be just far enough from the glass to fit my arm in. There will be piping to the drain in the middle hidden under more aragocrete. the top will have a removable mesh for easy cleaning. I was planning on making panels, then concreting them together in the tank. Would this work without any backing on the wall? Would critters burrow through aragocrete? Would there be an erosion issue? Also, is there an equation or something to figure out flow rate vs surface area of the overflow, or does it just stay even with the pump? The bigger the better? I should mention I plan on curing it in the tank and draining it before I add life.

Back
Top Bottom