10gal restrictions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvelez12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have ten gal tank, we would love to upgrade but we're not sure if we are going to be staying long in our current residence.. My question is since I have a smaller tank, what are my restrictions. I have LR an corals in there. Two fish and a bubble tip anemone An a clean up crew. Can I add more or should I stop?

Let's be honest here.

10 gallons is a really small. Even smaller if you consider your sand bed, LR and the space the current stock takes up.

With a 10 gal, you'll roughly have about 7 1/2 gal with the decor? Then consider the space each animal occupies (not just stationary, but the route they take throughout the tank)

It's like when the elevator is full, but one more person just has to squeeze in, ya know?

What are the 2 fish, that is a huge factor.

2 fish is about the most I'd put in a tank that size. You could potentially add a shrimp and some more corals. There's not much else I would add to a tank that size.

I have ten gal tank, we would love to upgrade but we're not sure if we are going to be staying long in our current residence.. My question is since I have a smaller tank, what are my restrictions. I have LR an corals in there. Two fish and a bubble tip anemone An a clean up crew. Can I add more or should I stop?

I'd also agree that two is good. You can probably add more coral frags but you might want to rehome the bubble tip nem. They can get fairly large and water quality in a 10 gallon can be tough to keep stable. It also gives you less room If it decides to move and kill your corals.

I'd have to also say your at your fish limit. Unless you have like two clown gobies or something extremely small that perchs. But corals are good to go, I'm sure there is plenty of room to add another frag or two.

Once you upgrade you will have a much better choice of fish but like mentioned, a 10g is actually very small in the big scheme of things. :)

Back
Top Bottom