120Gal Buildup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
In less that 24 hours I'm Going to start filling this thing up. The ironic thing is that the only thing I'm waiting for right now is electricity, tommarow morning a buddy of mine is gonna come over and hook up a dedicated 20Amp GFI protected circuit for the tank.

I have everything, its plumbed and ready to go. Although I've still gotta finish the hood. If ya can't tell I'm kinda excited. Not sure if it was carrying the bucket-O-salt into the house or the initial rush of water through the RO/DI but something hit me today.

All my equipment is listed http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=30604&highlight=

My RO/DI unit has been running for about half an hour, every few seconds it spurts out some bubbles, is this just it breaking in or does it always do it? A quick test showed it puts out about 7ounces a minute or about 75Gal a day.

Sounds like your RO just has some air pockets in it. If you tilt it side to side and front to back some this should help work the air out of the unit. Air is most definatly not leaking into the system as if you had a spot for air to get in water would be flying out of the unit at that hole.

Rocks In!

The first tank pics...

I guess I missed some of the silt on the glass. The water is pretty dirty still.

HPIM0194.jpg

HPIM0193.jpg

Anyone have any ideas for improvement?

How long until I should start checking on amonia?

3 Weeks

My cycle was pretty bad, the ammonia killed off alot of the hitchhikers. Nitrites started to drop today. I've started to get green algae, a few macros(bubble, caulerpa taxifolia, and some kind of leafy type). There is also some kind of green algae that worms small wisps. No signs of diatoms or cyano yet. I'm hoping the cycle finishes this week so I can do the major waterchange next weekend.

041017.JPG

Back
Top Bottom