120gl fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

selbycups

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, new to the site.

I just purchased a 120 gallon tank. Since just doing FOWLR I will need a filter. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks

I had a fowlr and ran a sunsun canister filter on one and a marineland on the other. After a while the hum on the marineland got annoying so i went with an aquaclear.

I personally think that a sump is always the best way to do things. You can get a protein skimmer in there and filter socks for the outlet. Pretty simple and easy to manage.

I went to my local shop and now I am more confused than ever!! lol

Is it hard to make a sump? I see alot of youtube videos on it...

you can build one fairly easy or buy a pre-made one
Aquarium Wet Dry Filters: Aqueon ProFlex Sump Filtration System at Drs. Foster and Smith
you can build one from a 20 long tank up to what ever size you like I run a 30gtall with my 90g but that's what I had laying around
you can go with baffles or just a filter sock and keep some macro's in it to help with the nitrates . I like the simple method myself makes life easier to keep clean
I used to use a canister on my predator tank but it was like a sewage plant and that was cleaned weekly ,
a sump is simple and easier to maintain imo

I made a HUGE mistake my buying the aqueon sump for my first setup rather than just making my own. You save a ton of money and you can make it to match the equipment you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom