125 build. Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I set a 125 up about a week and a half ago. I have some live and some dry rock. really didnt want to cycle with fish and it is a kind of long story but I have a couple clowns in it. I know the toxic levels can kill them, but my friend is redoing his he had no where else to put them so I ended up with them. I just recently started to get diatoms and now its starting to turn in to a bubbleish algae. It almost looks like red slime but not 100%. what should I do plz help?

What are you parameters? That's a bummer of a situation because you will need to perform water changes to keep your amm/nitrite levels low enough so that the fish survive, but it makes you cycle take longer. Is this your first salt water tank?

Ph low 7.8. Amm and nitrite 0~.25. Nitrate 0. I use api test kit. Sal/sg 1.025. This is my 2nd sw tank I have a 55 that I started about 2 years ago. I have about 50 dry rock 15 lbs of live in my 125. My rock from my 55 with transfer when my tank cycles. Some has coral on it. Temp 76~78. I need more water movement in my dt but my powerheads are in my 55. They should do fine for a couple months bc im thinking about getting mp40 or 60s. Havent decided yet on them. Any thoughts how I can get rid of red slime and diatoms. I also have two 7infilter socks then my reef dynamics 135ins skimmer. I do change my socks about once a week until It gets cycled and starts to get really nasty they stay pretty clean right now prolly cause theres only 2 fish.

Reduce the hours of light and dont let direct sunlight hit your tank.

Update. Amm. Went down as well as nitrite no spike in nitrate yet and ph rose to 8.3

Back
Top Bottom