125 g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty tree 1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everybody I have a question. How long should I cycle my water before I add fish?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's not about how long, it's about when the water is ready. Buy a test kit and when you see nitrates you'll know it's almost done. Once you see nitrates keep testing until they are at 0. You can then add fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Once you get everything ready to cycle, your time will start when you present an ammonia source. I always recommend cycling with a cocktail shrimp as it is simple and once you can't detect any ammonia or nitrite levels, you are free to add a fish. It takes any measuring and dosing the tank with pure ammonia out of the picture and less likely to make any mistakes.

Once you get everything ready to cycle, your time will start when you present an ammonia source. I always recommend cycling with a cocktail shrimp as it is simple and once you can't detect any ammonia or nitrite levels, you are free to add a fish. It takes any measuring and dosing the tank with pure ammonia out of the picture and less likely to make any mistakes.

+1 on this

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom