125 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a mistake to keep a reef with sps, without a quality skimmer.

You can buy a dimmer switch and put it inline and turn the pump down even more if need be. I am doing this now with a wp-40 on my 105. It's a simple LED dimmer-
12V 5A Switch Dimmer Adjustable Control Single Color LED Strip Light Black White | eBay

Otherwise I doubt two rw-8 will be enough.

I'm thinking of running a mixed now. I didn't realize the lack of sps corals in North dakota. I essentially have been all over the state and only found 1 acro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about mail order? There's got to be someone who will ship to you. After all, that's how all the sps comes into the country in the first place. IME, it's always best to wait until the weather gets a little less hostile, but I've received plenty of boxes full of livestock even in the dead of winter that came in fine.

Yea I could order online but it's a pain and I only have 3 month window where the weather doesn't suck

They do use heat packs. You could explain to them the outside temp just as a reminder. It should be fine as long as the postal service in question doesn't screw up and lose your package for a day or two. You would not be liable in that case, but it's a shame for the livestock.

They do use heat packs. You could explain to them the outside temp just as a reminder. It should be fine as long as the postal service in question doesn't screw up and lose your package for a day or two. You would not be liable in that case, but it's a shame for the livestock.

I'll see what I can find online. Worst case scenario I go to Texas on vacation once a year and their is a huge fish store in south dakota with decent prices.

Here's the final rockscape. Next will be the circulation pump. I saw a maxspect gyre at my lfs and I'm almost sold on it. Mr. X do you have any experience with this pump?

I would but I would prefer not having the motor on the outside. One of my kids would notice it from a mile away and yank it down.

I can put it higher and will won't suck air like the vortech

I ended up having a lengthy discussion with the people from build my led and after picking their brain I ordered one of their 72" 14k xb lights. It's being made right now and should be done in 2 weeks. I couldn't find much on these lights but what I did find seemed very promising.

After a month the cycles finished. I threw my 2 small clownfish in that were in my 20 and they are doing great so far.

Here's the 14k buildmyled xb turned to 50%. I may supplement with t5's down the road but it's a lot brighter then I thought it would be.

Sps seem to be liking the light so far. Not bad for 100 watts over a 6 ft tank.

I may have underestimated the buildmyled fixture. I started at 40% and my frogspawn, pagoda and acans closed up. I now have it at 25% and they are doing much better. Some of my zoanthids are being finicky and aren't all the way open yet.

I picked up a breeding pair of snowflakes clowns for a decent price today. Here they are in quarantine.

Forgot to post the finished rockscape. What do you think

I'm not a big fan of alot of rock.

Back
Top Bottom