135 gallon stocklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonnie3188

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

My 135 gallon is landing mid next week and ill start cycling it straight away. I just wanted some feedback on my list of fish that i hope to add to it!

- 2 percula clowns
- 2 black percula clowns
- 1 red sea sailfin tang
- 1 yellow tang
- either 2 or 1 bannerfish (the reef safe ones) "Heniochus diphreutes"
- and maybe 5 chromis'

Obviously I wouldnt add them all at once, i would probably stock it over about 6 months. Is this enough time?

I'm not sure about the chromis' because everyone warns against damsels, but i think that a school of chromis' is quite a sight.

The main question that I had was in which order should I add the fish? The tangs will be the most aggressive so should I add them last, and together?

Ive noticed that not many people on this site have bannerfish. Is there a reason for this? Like are they hard to keep or aggressive or anything? I live in Australia and bannerfish are quite readily available, maybe not so in the U.S?

Id really appreciate your comments and thoughts!
Thanks
Bonnie

For a 135 I think the list is pretty good. You may still run into trouble with the two species of clowns. The heni will do best in a small group...2 or 3 as they schoolers.

I have seven chromis and they do OK. They are not like most damsels. They will swim in a school. I too am worried about two sets of clowns. I have a 125 and two types of clowns and they fight like cats and dogs. Other than that it looks OK

Back
Top Bottom