180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not just use Eco rock from reef cleaners or BRS. You will be sure to be pest free and only have what you put in.

jjamontan said:
Why not just use Eco rock from reef cleaners or BRS. You will be sure to be pest free and only have what you put in.

He wants critters though. How about liverockranch.com

Yea you were right I looked all over e bay nothing. Well I used cinder block and elephant stands to support the tank and some I beam across floor joices have to bring it up a quarter inch on both sides so its dead level. I think I'm going to have to remove one end of my stand to get my sump in I don't see any other way to get it in there

Yea I just checked them out probably gonna go with Caribbean when its time. Any sources on dry sand not worried about it being live. That just adds water therefore weight to shipping

Reef79 said:
Yea I just checked them out probably gonna go with Caribbean when its time. Any sources on dry sand not worried about it being live. That just adds water therefore weight to shipping

Reefrocks.net has 160lbs for $60 or you can get PFS

Ya that's been the plan to use as much base rock as needed then place live rock on top and in front to seed base rock but it will be a couple of weeks before buying live rock I will probably ly just buy base rock at lfs that way I can structure it a piece at a time

That is what I was telling you. If you use this rock you are sure not to have pests and only have what you put in your tank

Another option is ecoliverock.org it's cheap live rock free shipping no die off and 100% of proceeds go to reef sustaining programs

Harvesting live rock from reefs shouldn't be aloud IMO

Ya I was wanting the the added animals from live rock not copepods and plankton I can harvest them from my 55 gal refugiim. That's why I was wanting fresh rock. When I was more involved they could only harvest rock that is busted and storm rubble not part of the reef itself Im pretty sure its still that way so harvesting live rock does not deplete the reefs

Oh yeah for sure I am not trying to harp on anyone just giving an option that supports a good cause even if you got half and half you would get your hitchhickers and support them

At least check out the site

Just catching up. Great tank size. The 180 has a good footprint and not difficult to reach the bottom. Did you get the LED's I have over my tank?
BTW, that's a decent skimmer also.

Back
Top Bottom