180 gal reef set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef79

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bought a 180 gallon reef ready tank today picking it Wed starting equip list looking for a heating system in line preferably any suggestions

So far got 55 gal for eccosystem refug Danner Mag 18 submersible looking for suggestions on lights as well

I currently have a Ice cap 660 ballast that is running 4ea 48" t12 bulbs on my 55gal. I want to get a t5 conversion pack and add another 660 for a total of 4ea 72" t5's will this b enough light for across if they are toward the top of the 180 tank dimensions are 6'x2'x2'

I've heard good and bad have u had experience with them and those are really pricey aren't they

I use a 4 bulb T5 fixture same cost as two of the eBay ones that I have seen lots of people talk about on this sight. They run around $180 each MrX uses them. I should have gotten them to be able to keep corral the demand more light and colors look better IMO.

U have a brand name I don't want to purchase wrong one are these 48" or 72" fixtures? Ive seen them in lfs for $1000.00 and up.

I don't remember the name look at Mr.X thread called Doug's 250 in wall build he has a link to them on I think page 75-80. You will learn lots about them reading post there.

Thanks for the info that will save a bunch of money and from what I read I shouldn't have to run a chiller! awesome!!!

Looks like a great start! Hoping tomove my 125g up to a 180g this year as well. :)

I have one of those led panels that Mrx wrote about, I like it and will be using the one for a 60g cube I'm working on.

I love my reef octopus skimmer. Just watch what pump it uses. Mine uses a sicce Psk 2500 and there is one issue with the pump but it's easily fixed.

Back
Top Bottom