2 ft tank without skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fnscasey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can i ask, have any bros here keep a 2 ft tank here without skimmer? How to make sure the fish dont die due to the build up of organic waste?

I have a 2 ft tank currently in cycle but am wondering if it is neccessary to have a skimmer as i have seen my friend's marine setup (1 ft or smaller) with no such stuff and his LS(2 damsel) healthy and swimming freely.

Yes, you can keep a tank without a skimmer. Quite a few folks do that. What you will have to do is pay very careful attention to water parameters. You'll need to be extra vigilant about doing water changes and other tank maintenance. You'll also want to keep the bio load low. I would run a skimmer if it were me though.

All my tanks are skimmerless. IMO, the important thing is to implement some other form of nutrient export whether it be water changes, macroalgae, carbone, etc. or a combination of them. I do not find it any extra work than when I ran a skimmer.

However, if you don't plan on doing any of the above, a skimmer would be a necessary piece of equipment IMO.

Hi fnscasey, I too have a 2 ft marine tank, Place a skimmer would helps a lot, its cost just around S$17, why not place one?

Skimmerless on my 44 and just run carbon and do weekly or bi-weekly water changes.

Back
Top Bottom