2 month old tank help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pflerch3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I started a 20g tank about 2 months ago and I am in need of some help. First, I have 2 filters, both are held on the side of the tank. I have 20lbs of live rock a couple soft corals, a clownfish, and a damsel. I am wondering what type of circulation I need to keep things moving around the live rock so that things don't settle too much. Suggestions for powerheads or other circulation tips?

Depends on what you want to keep. One power head would work if you want to stay basic with zoa and softies. Also depends on how much you want to spend. Also, hob filters only add particle filtration. Which means they keep the water clear. Lr is a good filter. If you had 2 ph, you would be fine. Or even one. Or a vortech. Or a wave maker. But what do you want to keep? What lights do you have?

I don't want to spend too much on the tank, but I want it to look good. I'm thinking more soft corals and maybe an anemone or something of the sort in the future. I only have a 50/50 light, but it seems to be doing well for the soft corals. I would be interested in the wave maker, but I don't know much about them and how costly they are.

Back
Top Bottom