2 questions........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long should I wait for the water to settle down before purchasing anemones?

Why the Clown fish isn't eager to eat the food given to them? I fed them with pellets ( for all kinds of marine fishes ), but they kept spitting it out.

i personally would avoid buying an anemone but if you are going to look in to the tank raised have heard they fair better also have read that the tank should be established for a long time before you add them..clowns will host a lot of different corals that are much hardier and as far as the eating issue when i got my clowns they were 2 small to eat anything except the smaller pieces of flake now they tackle the larger flakes as bell as the blender mush reeflady posted the recipe for.

alrmc4 said:
i personally would avoid buying an anemone but if you are going to look in to the tank raised have heard they fair better also have read that the tank should be established for a long time before you add them..

Excellent advice. (y)

mansiz said:
Why the Clown fish isn't eager to eat the food given to them? I fed them with pellets ( for all kinds of marine fishes ), but they kept spitting it out.

The size as already stated is probably much to large for them to eat. Fortified marine flakes and other easily dissolved "breakable" substitutes would be better.

Here is s link to >>ReefLady's Blender Mush<<

Cheers
Steve

I'd like to further corroborate the fact that the size of the pellets is almost certainly the problem. I use those pellets to feed my crabs because they get all the way to the bottom without my chromis being able to eat them. They try to, but they just spit them back out. Unfortunately I just got a fish that's big enough to eat them, so now my crabs are having to do without until I come up with a better plan.

the pellets are okay... are you sure they spit it back out? my clown and my yellow tang take it bit by bit.. looks like they spit it out..

One of them ate it, and it ate only one pellet, the other two noticed the pellets, they felt curious, but when they get near to the pellets, they swim away, i really don't know if they don't like pellets or what. The pellets are really small, i'm sure they are able to eat it. Btw all three clown are of the same size.

mansiz said:
Btw all three clown are of the same size.

I must have missed that bit somewhere along the line. Three clowns are not very advisable. Once two decide to pair (and it will happen) they will most probably kill the third. I would suggest taking one out, even in large tanks this is rarely advised.

I would leave the very largest and the smallest if there is a sizable difference between the three.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom