20 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cant see the pictures unfortunatley if you pop them on i'll have a look but from descritpion id guess maybe feather duster. yeah I don't have one but i Hear gobys and pistol shrimps can form nice partnerships although I would recomend the pair of clowns if you can as mine dont leave each others side so imagine theyre happier in a pair the one thing i did have on mine though to pre warn you was a small skimmer just made sure water quality stayed good.

Here's one of the better pics of it hopefully it works this time.

img_2363193_0_f6d08f344d9c946abb3fd2f11ebc262a.jpg

Any small skimmers that you would recommend?

I forgot to add that the HOB has a pack of purigen inside and that's about it. Mostly for a little extra water flow in the tank.

Here's one of the better pics of it hopefully it works this time.

Any small skimmers that you would recommend?

I forgot to add that the HOB has a pack of purigen inside and that's about it. Mostly for a little extra water flow in the tank.

On my phone this pic comes up very small.

Well from what I've read about feather dusters it seems like a small one. And shouldn't be anything I should worry about?

Thanks for the help though, not sure why the picture was having issues.

But for a update, after checking water paras yesterday tank is at:

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates ~5

I did a 10% WC 2 days ago, and before the change the paras were the same. There is brown algae growth on the rocks and sand.

Altars to be expected but if its a lot just reduce your light! Yeah feather dusters are good for a tank looks like your nearly there!

So a update on the tank. I've done a few water changes over the weeks and the results have turned out the same:

Ammonia 0; Nitrites 0; and Nitrates ~5

Everything seems to be up and looking good. And the hermit is doing well in there so, I will be adding CUC in a day or so. :)

I've been reading up on stars and looks like a brittle starfish might be an only option? (if I decided to get one) They are cool little guys and I've seen them around the LFS around the area, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

You'd struggle with them in a 20 gallon except asterina stars

Well an update. I have decided against a star until I get a larger tank. I have 6 hermits in the tank and coraline algae growing on the rocks. Everything seems to be going great so far.

Does anyone have opinions on green emerald crabs? I keep hearing mixed reviews for reef tanks.

So today I got my first fish! Water paras have been steady for a few weeks now and things have been going well in the tank. We will hope it stays this way. He/She is a Ocellaris Clownfish. It seems to be very happy in the tank finding all the ways around the rocks.

Thanks :) Here is a pic of the tank. You can see I couldn't wait for corals the other day and picked up a few. The one at the bottom right if you can see it is not doing to great. It is a acan, and not sure what is wrong with it. It seems to be bleaching, I moved it in a more shaded area to hope that will help.

img_2408322_0_c539d2f73f46901faaf78f33a0498984.jpg

Back
Top Bottom