20 long reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been looking for at filters, skimmers, and lights for a 20l that I'm pla on geting after my family moves its going to be a reef i want to get 1 fire dartfish, 2 occelaris clownfish, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 1-2 red legged hermit crab(s), and 1 bubble anemone the corals i want to keep are zoanthids mushrooms and a toadstool ( and a couple others i forgot the names of)

When i first started, i had an anemone in a 20g get sucked up into a skimmer, they move around till they find a happy spot

Yeah i heard of that happening with featherdusters but not anemones. I'm still wondering about equipment. And i heard that when a snail dies in a tank it realeses toxins so i wondering if ther were any snails that don't.

? Thats funny, maybe nitrates, but my hermit crabs love to eat the ones that die, even the cleaner shrimp come for a snack

i know that but some one told me that if a snail dies in a aquarium it with kill every thing. (still wondering about equipment)

A 20L probably doesn't need a skimmer. Water changes and live rock should be enough along with good flow. Easy to light, a 60-90 watt LED would be more than enough for most corals. Other types of lights may heat a 20L up too much.

Let others address stocking issues, but don't overstock.

Back
Top Bottom