20g transfer to 135g. When can i put it all in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 1800gph power heads and I have 1 250gph that I use for mixing salt. @huma I will try the hot water trick today. Right now the tank is at 72.3. I have to be doing something wrong.

Whata are your heaters set at? And how cold is it in your house geez, I remember in my 75 I would have my heater at 86* to keep a steady 80* circulated in the tank.

Whata are your heaters set at? And how cold is it in your house geez, I remember in my 75 I would have my heater at 86* to keep a steady 80* circulated in the tank.
my house is about 70° It is also downstairs.where it is a constant 67° I have a 55 gallon fresh that I've never had that problem with. It's days at a constant 80° The tanks are in wall tanks. And my HVAC is in the room with my tanks. The heaters were probably working double time because my wife had the AC on the past two days as it's been in the 80s on Long Island. Look at my build page I also have videos on there and pictures on there

my house is about 70° It is also downstairs.where it is a constant 67° I have a 55 gallon fresh that I've never had that problem with. It's days at a constant 80° The tanks are in wall tanks. And my HVAC is in the room with my tanks. The heaters were probably working double time because my wife had the AC on the past two days as it's been in the 80s on Long Island. Look at my build page I also have videos on there and pictures on there

really? thats nice weather to me, its been in the 100's here since april-ish and its just getting cooler around 85* with high hummidity anyways so it feels the same :facepalm:

really? thats nice weather to me, its been in the 100's here since april-ish and its just getting cooler around 85* with high hummidity anyways so it feels the same :facepalm:
i will be home in a little bit. Hopefully the temp has risen. I did the soda bottle with warm water and it seemed to go up a degree or so. I also put my heaters in my sump along with a pump with uv light. I had my protein skimmer up too high I guess. It was creating a lot of foam. White foam and a lot of it. I dialed it down a little because it would fill up so quick.

ive tried the gallon jug with hot sink water, its VERY efficient lol
ok so I did that twice the water jug thing. My temp was 75.4 when I got home the central air was not on. I turned the air back on and in 5 hrs it dropped the temp in the tank to 74.6. I have 1 good heater in there and 2 Chinese heaters in there. I will have another good name brand heater in there when I get rid of the 20g. It is safe to transfer them into a tank at that temp? My ph is 8.2.
2a6L6mQ.jpg
xL2oWVP.jpg

I replace the 2 Chinese heaters with a good aqueon heater and the temp it rising. I think the other heaters were just using my electric up. I also want you guys opinion on how to acclimate the fish and urchin. I will just put the crabs in there. What I was going to do it I have a few bags from when I bought fish so I was going to use that let them sit I. The new tank for at least 30 min then slowly put new tank water in the bag. Sound good!?? Any advise would be great. I also have a clam that I caught that when input him in the tank he disappeared by the next day. We'll leave some comments. I will be doing the transfer tonight.

Use airline hosing and drip acclimate them. Take a 5g bucket, put the fish in it with a few inches of their tank water. Then simply tie a loose know in the airline hosing and start a syphon off the new tank water. Tighten or loosen the know to control drip

I replace the 2 Chinese heaters with a good aqueon heater and the temp it rising. I think the other heaters were just using my electric up. I also want you guys opinion on how to acclimate the fish and urchin. I will just put the crabs in there. What I was going to do it I have a few bags from when I bought fish so I was going to use that let them sit I. The new tank for at least 30 min then slowly put new tank water in the bag. Sound good!?? Any advise would be great. I also have a clam that I caught that when input him in the tank he disappeared by the next day. We'll leave some comments. I will be doing the transfer tonight.
I made the mistake of buying Chinese heaters from Ebay. Most of them are made for 250 Volts so this means whatever wattage they were rated for, it is only half. I now use them for drip acclimation to keep the temp steady.

I made the mistake of buying Chinese heaters from Ebay. Most of them are made for 250 Volts so this means whatever wattage they were rated for, it is only half. I now use them for drip acclimation to keep the temp steady.

I am going to do the drip acclimation. As far as the Chinese heaters. I will prob just use for mixing salt water. I just hope everything works out well for the fish.

Use airline hosing and drip acclimate them. Take a 5g bucket, put the fish in it with a few inches of their tank water. Then simply tie a loose know in the airline hosing and start a syphon off the new tank water. Tighten or loosen the know to control drip
how long should I drip acclimate them!??? It a been about an hr.

I try to go atleast 45 minutes if not an hour. Really depends on the sensitivity of the inhabitant youre drip acclimating. For instance inverts need to drip for longer. Or if its a fairly sensitive fish.

I try to go atleast 45 minutes if not an hour. Really depends on the sensitivity of the inhabitant youre drip acclimating. For instance inverts need to drip for longer. Or if its a fairly sensitive fish.
i did all of them for like an hr. maybe a little longer. They were scared shitless when they first went in there but now they are exploring. Pics will be up tomorrow.

i did all of them for like an hr. maybe a little longer. They were scared shitless when they first went in there but now they are exploring. Pics will be up tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the tank shots, I've just been floating my fish, no ich yet and they've all lived through this far

Can't wait to see the tank shots, I've just been floating my fish, no ich yet and they've all lived through this far
. I still have to cut the hole in the wall. So only side shots for now. Lol.

I just cleaned out the old 20g. Dam. It was nasty. I didn't use any of the old sand. And when I first started the tank I remember grabbing sand from the bay and mixing it in. I had found a few of these in the water because stupid me did what I did. http://youtu.be/7pMnJ8N6T2s
But I made sure nothing made its way back into the new tank. Fingers crossed. Everyone looks fine. So glad I got them out of that tank. They must feel so much better in the 135g. Till tomorrow.

Here is some of the pics of the new fish...
WgyxU58.jpg
lRdwqwX.jpg
LAdh00i.jpg
And I have a goby but he is Mia right now.
jMym7xR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom