25 gallon reef ready...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverain420

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone. I am purchasing a new aquarium next weekend and since I value everyone's opinion so much - I would like some help planning inhabitants. I currently only have a FOWLR 12 gallon w/3 green chromis, a purple firefish, and a pearly jawfish. I definately want to move the jawfish over... maybe everything, I still don't know. Whatever I get, I prefer peaceful and vividly colorful inhabitants. Maybe a royal gramma, the jawfish and live corals? As far as corals go, I perfer soft corals, but need something ok for a beginner. That said, I am a beginner who does LOTS of research before I purchase anything. Just ask reefrunner and fishfreek (I had them look at the tank specs first before I commited, plus surfed the net on my own to find as much as I could!) So let the suggestions begin... I am open to any suggestions, be they peaceful or not. (I would really like a flame angel, but hear they may wreak havoc on corals)

Check this site out for particulars on the aquarium:

http://amekaaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LT3

Thanks in advance!

IMO, I would move the Green Chromis to the bigger tank. They appreciate a lot of swimming room and while they may be ok in a 12, I think they would be happier in the 25. And they won't bother your corals. I would say maybe make the 25 gal :

3 Green Chromis
Jawfish
And if you like angels, maybe a pygmy angel. I hear they are ok with corals most of the time.

In the 12 you could leave the Firefish and maybe add a little Bi-Color Blenny. They are so cool!

There are a few thoughts.

:hat:

That's kind of what I was thinking too... (about the chromis). I'm going to cycle the tank with LR and a cup of sand from my 12 gallon. Then maybe move the chromis and the jawfish at the same time? I'll start researching some pygmy angels, do you happen to have any good links?

Keep it coming guys...

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom