25 gallon rimless cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up quite a list today,
Leather
Pipe organ
Blue sodiunuium(sp, curious on the correction)
Put 3 mushrooms from yesterday in the main
Put the polyp from yesterday to
Bicolor blenny

The blenny is just chilling in a hole.

I saw a Pygmy angel today, would I be crazy to add one? I saw him eat and he seemed like he would play nice. I almost got him but decided two fish this fast would be pushing it.

I've decided I wanna get a royal gamma when one comes around.
Pics to come soon.

Not to much to report, bicolor blenny is eating really well. The big polyp on the zoa I got isn't open yet but the little one on the side is so I'm hopeful in the next day or so it will open
Pipe organ is happy
Mushrooms are looking good
Blue polyps are close but I saw them open yesterday

Got a picture of the blenny switching holes lol. He's fast.

Attachments

• image-1135115353.jpg
    image-1135115353.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image-775180817.jpg
    image-775180817.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1068547121.jpg
    image-1068547121.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 94
Gonna move some stuff around tonight. Just some of the softies, and I'm gonna move some zoas and another leather over tomorrow.

Last I tested I had a weird ammonia spike, I hope it wasn't more than a spike. Testing again tomorrow.

Leather I got last week is really nice, green polyps under leds. I think I'll have to many leathers after I move the other over, I'll pick my favorite after it settles in and move the other one.
Zoas are good, blue sodiaduim(sp) is only opening alittle. Hasn't fully yet. Anyone ever had it take a weak to get happy? I'm moving it.

Wish I had a better camera..

Attachments

• image-976011609.jpg
    image-976011609.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1130625821.jpg
    image-1130625821.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 138
Blue sympodium grew well for me, and it can take any coral a few days to open. I had mine under medium light and medium flow. It grew like a weed but if the parameters shifted on me it would close up.

Been a few days, got some new additions.
Criton goby otherwise known as Gary, is best buds with the bicolor.
Today I got a frag with both nuclear palys and what I think are purple death palys on it mixed together, still opening but I'm in hopes of someday getting a mixed polyp.
Sympodium is starting to open. Must of been some weak light, I'm using just blues for a bit until it's open.
Everything seems to be doing well, noticing coralline on the base rock , I did seed it for about a month before I started the tank.
Duncan's been a bit finicky, waiting for it to be happy to add anymore lps.

Sorry that the pic is so bad, just wanted to put an idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• image-988189123.jpg
    image-988189123.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 124
Very nice! I love the nuke greens. I've just never been able to find them anywhere. Purple death are cool too

Not much new going on, my fish are getting very friendly.
Oh and now my Duncan is being picky. I'm going to do a water change this weekend and if it doesn't open I'm going to move it around. I just really like that spot for it,

Attachments

• image-1093475989.jpg
    image-1093475989.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3663257477.jpg
    image-3663257477.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4221195067.jpg
    image-4221195067.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 79
Been a while,
Added lots of new zoas/palys
Aneneila
Rock nem

Been looking for some nice euphila, and thinkng about a frag rack to try some sps.

On my maxspect I have the whites on 35 and the blues on 50, think this could so some montipora at the top of the tank or shall I wait? I've been raising steadily on the power, and I'll get to much higher later. The anemone seems very happy and is gaining color, I bought it bleached so it's making progress, not the most colorful but I like it.
Says I've exceeded my quota for pictures, bummer. I'll link some eventually.
OH. One of my green nukes is morphing with the purple paly

I think montis would do fine even towards the middle. That light packs a punch and montis aren't nearly as light demanding as acros IMO. That's awesome about your nuke greens. I've been looking for some to try that with my purple death palys

Kinda hard to update without pictures, even though they weren't very good anyway, but tank is doing well, I've added my acans, some cloves and maybe another zoa frag.

Got the leds up to 40 and 55 and I'm noticing good growth in everything.
Next time I'll figure out how to get some pictures.

Still no pics but I'm updating just for dates when I got things and such, will work on pictures.

Added this week: electric green lobo( this thing is GREEN), medium acan(not stunning but price was right), red and green favia, blue snow polyps

Clove polyps have almost doubled in two weeks, everything is moving slowly but surely

Back
Top Bottom