25 reef fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I'm cgthebeast and I'm starting a 25 gallon reef. This tank is not cycled yet and I'm still setting it up. I have a 120 gph aqua- tech hob filter and I'm planning on adding a 10 refrigum later this year and a skimmer. have went to live aquaria and looked at fish suggestions, but I want personal suggestion. I want fish that a small bio load. Shrimp, crabs, or anything else too.

Thank you for your help :)

I would get a pair of designer clowns. Dominos, snowflakes, Picasso, whichever you like. Then build from there. Perhaps a handful of crabs, and a blenny.

Picasso and snowflakes are beautiful, so are the black ice. I was thinking about a pair, but with me starting out with a small tank, I want to get a variety of 3 different fish. I like the fire fish and will probably get one if those.

Algae (lawn mower blenny) mines awesome but only eats off lr no brine or flakes... Or even seaweed strips

Yeah I was going to stock up on seaweed strips so it sounds like a good choice though it would be awhile before I could get it. I ordered dry base rock after reading up on serval pest that sound more like reef nightmares.

Very pretty, I want one fish that stays on / near the sand and 1 other free swimming fish other then a fire goby.

I think I`m either going to get a bicolor or a blue neon. They are really preatty and there colors are amazing. Any suggestions on a free swimming fish

Search up tanaka's pygmy wrasse or yellow banded possum wrasse. They would be ok for your tank and they are hardy.

Man, I love the Tanka`s pygmy wrasse, their absloulty stunning. I just wish I could find a place to buy them from around here. The possum wrasse is deftinaly a choice too. What about Banggai Cardinalfish. My tank demisions are 24 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 20 3/4. Its 25 gallon. I read they are slow swimmers and they can be agressive to thier own kind.

I wouldn't risk it. I think the wrasse, the blenny/ goby, and the clowns would be enough.

What if I didn`t get the clowns? None of these are set in stone and I`m just looking at my options so far. Could I do a blenny/ goby, a fire fish and 1 or 2 Banggai Cardinalfish

I would honestly go with the wrasse because cardinals look best in tanks at least 55 gallons. You could do the pygmy wrasse, a goby/blenny, and a pair of firefish. You could ask your lfs to order the pygmy or possum wrasse if you can't find at any store.

Alright, so I`m still not sure on what I want for sure, but I know I will be picking from those. I think I`m going with this
2 x clowns ( added later after my corals grow and they have plenty to choose from.)
1x Firefish / wrasse (matters on if I can find a wrasse)
1x goby/ blenny.

any invert suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom