28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will API be fine for the basic tests?

Salifert test kits for the reef portion? if so which tests are needed?

When you get to reef status you might wanna get these saliferts- calcium, magnesium,phosphates & alkalinity. I find they are much more accurate than API versions and easier to read.

And yep, the saltwater master kit is fine about $20 on amazon

The tank and the heater were the only things I already had...lol. The cheapest items!!! LOL. Oh well...i learned alot researching everything...lets just hope I have what it takes to do it...Still not sure if i'll use my 28 gallon or my 36 gallon bow front.

The 36 is 30 inches wide and i cant find any lights to go over it. Would i be able to hang a 24 inch light over top? would that be enough or no?

Ummm....I really do like them...but i think I could get some DIY moonlighting down the road...

I've tried searching for something like the aquadic life one you sent me...6 bulb, timer and all the goodies...i'm just not savvy with it.

It's a rude question, but what was your light budget like? I can go a searching since I'm pretty good at finding deals. :)

Lol its not rude...facts of life...i would say max like 450. I figure it will be some time before i need that kind of lighting so i can start saving like 100 bucks a week. Whatever you find i am open to.

Are you interested in MH at all?

I have a couple fixtures in mind for both applications...in 30" and/or hangable.

As long as i dont need a chiller...lol. i will explore all options.

This might be too ghetto for your liking, not sure LOL

But this fixture comes in both a 24 and 30 and sits on top of your lid or glass. Unless I totally forgot if youre going topless or not you will have the lids maybe. Just a thought. The 24" has the same bulb as the 30" but the 30 would look better. You can stack two of these units to get a 4 bulb experience. At about $200. :)

LOL

I'm still searching though n that was just a budget friendly option

Aquarium Lighting for Freshwater and Reef Systems: Nova Extreme Compact SLR T-5 Fixtures

Would i be able to keep everything with that fixture...clams, nems and sps?

Carey..the 6 bulb aquaticlife fixture...its only 24 inch but if it was on a hanging kit would that be enough light?

I like it. I think if you hang it you will have some areas of better coverage though so I'd keep all clams and the such properly placed. I don't think it will be a noticeable difference in my opinion.

Plus its got moonlights! ;-) I soooo want moonlights lol

Back
Top Bottom