28G Nanocube LED: Microbubbles from both returns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I fnally got the time to start one of the Nanocubes, the reason mainly to spread out the new liverock for curing. My one 20 gallon tank wasn't quite big enough for all of the new rock as some pieces I got from one source were bigger than I requested..I have a lot of downsizing to do on some pretty solid pieces of rock :)

My first adventure happened after I put in the water and placed the liverock. I plugged everything in and one return wasn't spitting out more than a small stream of bubbles. I did a check, pump was running, plenty of water..other outlet was fine..bad pump maybe? Nope, the hose going to the outlet popped off while I was trying to determine if the pump was working and there was plenty of pressure. OK,pump was obviously working...unplug everything again to keep from getting soaked and re-attach line..OK, still ony getting a small bubble stream. To make a long story short, whomever dd the quality check on the assembly line missed the issue that the hole in the return was never punched out. Grab drill, punch through, flow is now great.

Only issue now is that the return stream is sending out a fairly constant stream of micro-bubbles...this is happening in both returns. Water level is correct as far as I can tell and there is nothing blocking the impellers on the pumps. If I add anymore water the flow into the media basket will just be a swirling of water..there won't be any actual "flow" into the basket..it'll just be covered in water.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom