29 gallon mantis shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillipjlael

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got a used 29 gallon tank hood light and filter used for 80 bucks. Gonna slowly set it up for a mantis shrimp. I've wanted one ever sense I seen one in person :)

Phillipjlael said:
Just got a used 29 gallon tank hood light and filter used for 80 bucks. Gonna slowly set it up for a mantis shrimp. I've wanted one ever sense I seen one in person :)

You bought it used for 80$?

jenatron said:
IMO, yes, that's quite a bit for a used one. You can get one new around that price. (Assuming it's a standard AGA/Aqueon braced tank)

True but I wanted the stand as well and they were going for around 75-100 bucks. And the aquaclear 50 filter goes for 40ish so I figured it wasn't to bad a deal. Don't need anything new and fancy. Just wanted it for the shrimp.

True but I wanted the stand as well and they were going for around 75-100 bucks. And the aquaclear 50 filter goes for 40ish so I figured it wasn't to bad a deal. Don't need anything new and fancy. Just wanted it for the shrimp.

If it came with an AC and stand that's not bad.
You know what kind of mantis you want?

jenatron said:
If it came with an AC and stand that's not bad.
You know what kind of mantis you want?

I've wanted a peacock badly but I also don't want it to break the glass. It's strange 95% of people say that the odds of that happening is slim but then theres that 5% that say it will get broken. I plan on putting a sheet of acrylic or plexiglas on the bottom. And I gotta figure out how much live rock I'll need. I know where I can get 20LBS for 100 bucks. But I'm not sure if 20 will be enough.

Back
Top Bottom