29g Biocube reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
About two weeks ago I purchased an established biocube. It came with roughly 25 lbs of live rock and sand. I used the water that was in the tank and it has been running that way ever since. I am running 2 36w cf bulbs and it has three royal blue LED light bars. The person also gave me a green button polyp, a blastomussa and a gorgonian. I have the stock pump/circulator and am thinking of getting another one. I am also thinking of getting a media basket for the second chamber from inTank media.

Attachments

• image-1280337682.jpg
    image-1280337682.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image-975459399.jpg
    image-975459399.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2825771792.jpg
    image-2825771792.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 76
Amicus said:
Hi all,
About two weeks ago I purchased an established biocube. It came with roughly 25 lbs of live rock and sand. I used the water that was in the tank and it has been running that way ever since. I am running 2 36w cf bulbs and it has three royal blue LED light bars. The person also gave me a green button polyp, a blastomussa and a gorgonian. I have the stock pump/circulator and am thinking of getting another one. I am also thinking of getting a media basket for the second chamber from inTank media.

I also have one cleaner and one peppermint shrimp and three zebra hermits. And snails.

Great tank! Love the coralline algae on the rocks and acan(?) or whatever type of LPS coral that is in the 2nd pic. With more corals and some fish, it will be jaw dropping :)

Check out Convicts threads. His cube is amazing!!! I think he has that basket thing too. I don't have a cube, but he has modified his all the way!

I saw his videos, I would love to get to that point! Yeah, he has the filter media basket with LRR. I was thinking about half and half.

The placement is beautiful!!!! I dream of my mixed reef looking like that!

I have what is probably a silly question. I measured my salinity and it was about 1.028 to 1.029. I am warming up some RO water, how much should I put in? What if I put too much in? Should I then do a water change?
For water changes, how does the salinity in my tank relate to what the sg of my RO water should be when I add it?

I am thinking of getting a RO/DI but there are a lot of different types out there. I've seen 4, 5 and 6 stage units, chloramine units ect. Can anyone tell me the difference between these and offer a suggestion?

I have what is probably a silly question. I measured my salinity and it was about 1.028 to 1.029. I am warming up some RO water, how much should I put in? What if I put too much in? Should I then do a water change?
For water changes, how does the salinity in my tank relate to what the sg of my RO water should be when I add it?

ya thats super high so you're gonna want to put some non salt water in to get it down to about 1.025 but if you do it right away things may go into shock. do you have fish i can't see any. I'd syphin out a little water and add some plain water without out salt. maybe half a gallon to start. let things sit for a day then do it again. if you drop the salinity to fast you could be in trouble but over the next few days you should be ok. If you don't have fish you could do it faster but your coral may close up for a while while it adjusts.

when you're doing regular water changes your salinity should match what your tank is.

Back
Top Bottom