3 gallon nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nijoe1221

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. Just yesterday a buddy of mine decided to start a 3 gallon nano tank. I know how hard these can be and tried to convince him to try something bigger....no luck. Anyways now I'm sorta stuck helping him and was wondering if there were any tips that I could give him with keeping up with a tank that small. Please only helpful comments.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't do it! Plus barely any fish should be I something that small.

I think he wanted to put a goby and a shrimp in there at some point. Would that work? How unstable is the water going to be since it's so small?

Well the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep the tiniest thing can change water parameters!

As for the goby it would depend what kind. I don't think many would stay small enough.

Fresh or salt? The fresh water gobies (very few) all get very large that I know of

Well the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep the tiniest thing can change water parameters!

As for the goby it would depend what kind. I don't think many would stay small enough.

Fresh or salt? The fresh water gobies (very few) all get very large that I know of

This is the saltwater section..
Referring to advice for Saltwater tanks...

A 3G tank is perfectly do able. As long as you stay on top of things.
I do not recommend any fish for a tank this small.
Inverts and corals are fine. Assuming that the appropriate equipment is on hand.

Back
Top Bottom