3 Month Mark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well my tanks been up for 3months now. I've noticed it "maturing" quite a bit.
10/28
041028.JPG

12/23
041223.JPG

In the past 2 weeks the coraline has exploded. Its expansion on the LR is incredable, small patches are also forming the the mega-flow chambers. I've finished my school of Chromis. I picked up 3, waited 2 weeks then got 4 more. The school nicely and are smarter than I would expect. When I shut off the powerheads in preperation for feeding they go to the corner I drop the food in.

I've noticed my snail pop is dropping as my hermits grow up, I'll probobly order a new wave soon as the algae growth has increased some in repsonse to the increased feedings. So far I've found 2 patches of cerith eggs. I was quite surprised by the first batch and at first I thought something had etched the glass. I think my conch is growing, one moring he had a nearly transparent line of shell. Its looks like new growth and seems to darken each day. I recently found another rock crab, ironically he lives in the former home of the Mantis I caught a while back.

Following the new year I'm planning to order some more inhabitants. To include skunk cleaners, peppermint shrimp, a barnacle blenny, a pair of bangai cardinals, and a shroom for my first coral. I'm hoping the shroom will host a to be added pair of clowns.

Gotta love that Coraline growth. Sometimes it's fun just to sit back and watch the lr take on new changes. Looks great so far. Good work!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom