30 gal set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwiththeach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
2013-12-01 16.15.33.jpg

2013-12-01 16.15.19.jpg

2013-12-01 16.15.50.jpg

I have a emperor 400 pump. And a t5 high output light. im slowly adding livestock. as of now i have an anenome, urchin and a few crabs. any suggestions on what to get next?

Looks like a good start, How long has it been setup ? what do you feed your urchin ?

Its about 5 weeks in. The urching i got today i was told he will eat the stuff from the live sand and left over from the anenome

Its about 5 weeks in. The urching i got today i was told he will eat the stuff from the live sand and left over from the anenome

They mainly feed off of algae ?
And they can not adjust to nitrates higher then 10 ppm
They will lose their spines

Ps does this look normal for my anenome. Will he move if he wants to.

ForumRunner_20131201_211022.jpg

2013-12-01 18.39.50.jpg

Not to be mean but as stated before in another thread the tank is too young for an anemone. Best for the animal if you could return it before it dies and really makes your water fouled. Best of luck.

A new tank goes through many changes in the first few months of being set up and those changes are what can affect the anemone. After about 6-9 months the tank has stabilized enough to keep them. These changes arent even the basic water parameters but underlying to them so there is no way to really rush things.

If you can I would return the nem and go from there. And yes, it will move whenever and wherever it wants, thats what they do until they find their happy spot.

I agree with the above mentioned about the anemone, my tank is about 9 months old now and just got a gbta and am still nervous about it. Also i would be worried about that urchin starving i had 1 of those in my tank around the 5 month mark and he last about 3 months before he ran out of food.

I agree with the above mentioned about the anemone, my tank is about 9 months old now and just got a gbta and am still nervous about it. Also i would be worried about that urchin starving i had 1 of those in my tank around the 5 month mark and he last about 3 months before he ran out of food.

It's amazing how much the urchins eat .
If there isn't enough Algae it will eat coralline but that doesn't last long .
I've had my ritteri since the tank was 3 months old .
Since then it's bleached and turned back to its normal colour

Back
Top Bottom