30g Bowfront help and conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My only concern is evaporation. With an overflow box, wouldn't the flow stop whenever the water drops below the grate? If I don't have an auto top off, couldn't evaporation stop the flow until I fill the display back up with a bucket?

I would just get it drilled, helps you sleep at night and doesnt cost as much.

I would just get it drilled, helps you sleep at night and doesnt cost as much.

I'm planning on drilling the tank. I practiced on a spare 2g I had. I don't like bakpaks. If I was going to get a HOB it would be a reef octopus. I have a sump, so I can have an in-sump skimmer.

Edit - Yes I have a RODI unit.

Can anybody else recommend a protein skimmer? I want the price to be around 150.

I'm thinking about a tunze 9002.

I happen to like eshopps in sump skimmers. I have several. Great skimmer and not as costly as the reef octopus ones. ( i hated my reef octopus lol) Also has a small footprint which was what drew me to it the first time I did a sump. :)

I happen to like eshopps in sump skimmers. I have several. Great skimmer and not as costly as the reef octopus ones. ( i hated my reef octopus lol) Also has a small footprint which was what drew me to it the first time I did a sump. :)

Sorry to hijack, carey which one would you use on a 60g cube? I need it to fit in a 9" long, 12" wide area. Thanks

Where are you silly fishes, I have a tunze 9002 looking to sell!

It is a good skimmer, just a little small for my heavy stocked 40gal! I'm in Alberta Canada so shipping might not be to expensive!

You could get away with the psk100 in my opinion. Its smaller than the psk150 i was running on my 60. ( i had the extra skimmer thats why its so darn big, I didnt buy it for the 60g)

I looked at shipping was $30 so I would only get 70 not quite enough as I paid $140 and was only used for 2 weeks!

Update: turned in all my freshwater fish and only got 12$ store credit (I bought them for around 100$ from them. And 2 of my rams breed constantly). So I used the 12$ to get a mag float. The tank is drained. Still need to get a stand.

Question- what size of hole should I drill for an intake? Also, do I need an internal overflow box, or can I just connect a strainer to the bulkhead?

I figured out the second question, but I still need to figure out what size hole I need.

Also, should I get one jebao wp10 or 2 hydor koralia 600s?

Back
Top Bottom