34 Gallon Solana Tank Build!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 10 gallon tank as my 200 reefs top off and a 3 gallon for my 54 corner reef tank. I wanted to make sure the top off stayed under the tank.

I'm thinking about putting it in a storage ottoman so I might go with a 3-5 gallon bucket. What are your thoughts on bio pellets vs refug?

Or rock rubble? But I already have lik 46 pounds of real reef rock in my display

Look into 5gal carboys from U.S. Plastics. Fits perfect in a $20 storage ottoman I got from Target.

Ok cool I was actually looking at the one at target last night online

Jaysreefworld said:
I'm thinking about putting it in a storage ottoman so I might go with a 3-5 gallon bucket. What are your thoughts on bio pellets vs refug?

I am a fan of natural solutions so I would go with a fuge. I have a buddy that was using bio pellets and they worked great, too great. They stripped alot out of the water including good stuff so he has actually removed them.

More pictures Of complete set up

image-3319427284.jpg

Tunze top-off

image-4277119399.jpg

Hydor nano skim

image-1592245478.jpg

Heater controlled by apex turns on at 75" and off at 78"

image-2877635829.jpg

Temp probe

image-3504860497.jpg

5 gallon top off jug

image-2900862274.jpg

Overall pic

My temp is staying around 79.4, and I can't lower the temp in my house because my son gets sick easy. Should I invest in a fan for the tank?

I would. Just a cheap clip-on from Walmart would work. your temp isn't bad at this point, but it would be nice to have a fan just in case. Just remember, adding a fan will increase your evaporation.

Qube said:
I would. Just a cheap clip-on from Walmart would work. your temp isn't bad at this point, but it would be nice to have a fan just in case. Just remember, adding a fan will increase your evaporation.

Any lil cheap one will work? Or should I look in the Tunze aqua wind? And thank because I didn't know that about the evaporation

I would do a cheap one from Walmart. I have had a cheap one and currently a JBJ C-breeze (a gift) on my 75 and between the 2, I'd take the cheap clip on. They are just as powerful and quieter. At least compared to the JBJ. :)

Back
Top Bottom