36 Bowfront Fish Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gplundberg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

I have a 36 gallon reef aquarium with a royal gramma, blue tang, occerleris (not sure spelling) clownfish, 2 hermit crabs, turbo snail and thick finger leather coral. I was wondering what other fish I could put in the tank that are compatible with the fish I currently have.

Thanks!

P.S. I know that the tang will outgrow the tank I am planning on selling it once it does.

Id do the kauderns (bangaii) cardinal. They are so cool. I would also do green chromis, even they most inexperienced of all aquarists can take care of them. Good luck!

Might want to consider replacing the tang with something that doesn't get as large or energetic. They really need more room than that.
But basslets and cardinal fish are great. I also like fire fish, and six lined wrasses.

Agreed, i kept a blue tang in a 125 ad even then i thought he was a little cramped. Have you ever considered breeding clowns? Thats a good way to make your hobby profitalbe

Agreed, i kept a blue tang in a 125 ad even then i thought he was a little cramped. Have you ever considered breeding clowns? Thats a good way to make your hobby profitalbe

Breeding clowns can be pretty tough if you don't have everything setup perfect. I would say propagating and selling frags is a better way to make some money back. I don't think you can make this hobby profitable lol. For every dollar you would make, you'd put $2 back into the hobby.

Ok, im gettin started in breeding them. Just a thought. Good luck!

Breeding clowns is not a simple matter. You'll need a constant supply of green water, rotifers, newly hatched brine shrimp, and storage for all of the above, plus a dedicated tank for clownfish larvae and fry. They'll need multiple feelings each day, and diligent maintenance. I don't mean to discourage you, just want to be sure you know what you're getting into!
If you are successful, you will be contributing to the preservation of our reefs, and that's always a good thing!

Breeding clowns is not a simple matter. You'll need a constant supply of green water, rotifers, newly hatched brine shrimp, and storage for all of the above, plus a dedicated tank for clownfish larvae and fry. They'll need multiple feelings each day, and diligent maintenance. I don't mean to discourage you, just want to be sure you know what you're getting into! If you are successful, you will be contributing to the preservation of our reefs, and that's always a good thing!

Yeah, i know. My plan is to have my qt ad my breeding tank and get a brine shrimp hatchery

Thanks for all the info! Breeding clowns sounds great to do but how so I do it? Would gobys keep the tank cleaner?

Back
Top Bottom