36G Bowfront build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am new to saltwater, decided to convert my 36G Bowfront to salt. So I bought a sea clone protein skimmer, a 750 hydro koralia PH. Today I bought 40 lbs of caribe sea live sand, and 44 lbs of live rock , and water to fill. Here are the build pics so far, will post more later.

What do you think about my aquascape?

Attachments

• image-2695354988.jpg
    image-2695354988.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3945067994.jpg
    image-3945067994.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 80
So I came home today and was looking around at the rocks to see if I could see any hitchhikers. I was hoping to get a few, and I see that I have what appears to be about 6 very very small feather duster coral. My question is, I am trying to cycle my tank, should I stop with the ammonia additions and just move on? I don't have my test kit yet, that will arrive on Wednesday. What do feather dusters eat? Should I be concerned about them dying while cycling?

I know, so many questions. Freshwater seemed easier.

My iPad takes pretty crummy pictures, sorry

Attachments

• image-3590250655.jpg
    image-3590250655.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 79
I wouldn't worry about them. They are filter feeders and honestly just a worm...don't worry yourself with keeping them alive during cycle. You have good odds of them living even with harsh conditions and if all your rock is actually live it won't be a very long cycle. Just continue as normal.

Back
Top Bottom