40g breeder set me up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badambomb79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my bro got a 40 g breeder and a fluval 306. I was thinking maybe we can go saltwater with these 2 items being the beginning. So I would like input on what things I would need to purchase to create a successful fowlr set up starting with equipment and then moving on to a stocking list for beginners. Thanks in advance

Also I was thinking 40 lbs live sand and 40 lbs live rock

Those two things are a good start and so is the LR and LS. You may end up with more than 40 lbs of rock between 40 and 80 is what's suggested, but that would be a good start. I'm setting one up as well and have about 40 lbs of LS and closer to 50lbs of LR. I'm going with about 800 gph of flow. Good luck and stick with it.

Anyone have any stocking ideas to throw at me. Id love to hear your thoughts

Really it would be up to you. Personally, I like to set up a tank with a group of free swimmers, rock dwellers, rock perchers and bottom dwellers, that way you have the various areas of the tank populated. This being a FOWLR, you don't need to be concerned with fish being reef safe, so that really opens up your options. My personal list for a 40B would be the following:

Clownfish--free swimmer
Flame hawkfish--percher
Basslet--rock dweller/free swimmer
Starry Blenny--percher
Randall's Goby--bottom dweller

Check out this site.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15

You can filter your search based on your needs. It's a great resource when setting up a stock list.

Back
Top Bottom