40g reef: help pick inhabitants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I completely redid my 40g tank with my friend and I think it went well. I decided to go bare bottom since I like a lot of flow and also I've had enough powerheads fall and stir up the sand. There's about 80 pounds of live rock. The lighting is a t5ho 6x39w fixture. Right now there are two clownfish. I'm going to get a mandarin later on in the future and will get a six-line wrasse. As far as fish go, I think I'm stocked well enough, unless you feel that there's anything else I should get.

Now, as far as corals, I have no idea what to get. I'm thinking of getting mushrooms so they can cover the bottom of the tank and make it look like a field of mushrooms. I also like SPS coral a lot. Any suggestions?

Btw, what do you guys think abut my tank? Thanks

Attachments

• image-2462286313.jpg
    image-2462286313.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 101
Tank looks good. Ive done bare bottoms and hated it. Looks like a dirty tank IMO. I love the look of a clean bare tank but i think u will regret not having sand or some type of substrate. Could u post more pics of it. Looks good.

I like it and hate it at the same time. Here are some pics

Attachments

• image-3167456448.jpg
    image-3167456448.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image-5948867.jpg
    image-5948867.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 77
slitherbomb said:
I like it and hate it at the same time. Here are some pics

Like i said i like a clean look but hated the fact tbat the bottom looked sooo dirty. Food, poop, alge whatever was on it i had to clean and nothing really got filtered. Just lots of water changes and vacuuming.

Back
Top Bottom