4got to ask in last post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i read somewhere that i may need some form of nocturnal light. is this true or a load of rubbish 2 earn money? please reply, i don;t wanna get ripped off...

oh, and is live sand needed?

thanks... sammi :)

Lunar lights are neat but not needed. Most (or a lot) of decent brands of lights will come with the lunar lights. Live sand.....ehhhh, I don't put too much faith in live sand being really live. Take this into consideration. They bag the sand, put it on a truck, let it sit in a warehouse, ship it to a LFS and it sits on their selves until a customer buys it...so, I'm not sure there is much actually live...That's just my thought process.

Lunar lights do add a neat element to the tank but as Scott said they are not needed. I had a set in my original PC fixture that I took out and added to my canopy. They do look nice at night.

As for the Live sand. Don't spend your money there! There are so many more things you can use that money on. Get a cup of sand from the LFS if you want to seed your sand.

Agree on the lunar lights. I shut mine off.

Define LS. If it's the bagged stuff sitting on a shelf, forget it. If it's coming from an established tank, then that is what you want. You don't need much to seed to your sand bed. A cup or two is all it takes. LR will also seed the sandbed.

Back
Top Bottom