5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey im getting a new 5 gallon for my dorm and was wondering are there any salt water fish i could put in a 5 gallon

5g is pretty small for a fish, it doesn't leave a lot of room to move around. Have you considered going with shrimp instead? There are a lot of very good looking and active shrimp that would go well in a 5g tank.

Yellow clown goby would be a nice addition, Trimma gobies as well (These guys are jumpers so I've heard, so a top would be best)

You'd definitely only be able to have 1 fish though

Personally though I'd try something cool like inverts, sexy shrimp, porcelain crabs, pom pom crabs, etc.

I would recommend a Clown Goby as well. I have one in my 5 gallon in my bedroom and he hops around just fine. They are quite small.

5 gallons is awfully small. You may be able to squeeze a clown goby, but I personally wouldn't. You could get a few barnacle blennies. They'll spend most of their time in barnacles and rock crevices. So you won't be robbing them of adequate swimming space.

5 gallons is awfully small. You may be able to squeeze a clown goby, but I personally wouldn't. You could get a few barnacle blennies. They'll spend most of their time in barnacles and rock crevices. So you won't be robbing them of adequate swimming space.

Only reason I'd advise against a barnacle blenny (or more than one for that matter) is the fact of size, 2" is a large fish for a 5G, while the clown goby only gets to 1.5" if that.

Plus, I've seen barnacle blennies in my lfs, they don't just sit in the barnacle, they're scanning/perching all around for food, only once they're scared do they retreat (and very fast I may add) to their barnacles

i like the idea of a clown goby i just want one fish could i put shrimp or inverts in with it?

Most definitely, sexy shrimp, may one skunk cleaner or peppermint (not all at the same time, of course)

porcelain crabs, pom pom crabs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom