5 Gallon SW Tank... in a Terrarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big MaC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone!
I am planning on starting up a 5 gallon SW tank in my 75 gallon Land Hermit Crab Terrarium. However, my only experience with aquatic fish is that of freshwater, so my research has lead me to asking y'all for help.

My General Plan is to have a 5 gallon pica tank with a heater, filter (I need help with finding a filter for such a small tank), live rock and sand, a few live plants?, a small fish of some sort (any advice if this is a good idea or not?), and some marine hermit crabs!

As I said, I have little idea of what I am doing, so any advice would be great. The plan is for this small pica tank to go inside my larger terrarium so that my Land Hermit Crabs can have the best life and "beach" experience possible in a terrarium.

Attachments

• SW tank LHC.jpg
    SW tank LHC.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 114
Interesting idea. I'm looking forward to seeing it happen.

If you are going to use live rock then I would skip a filter and just use a small water pump for filtration. I have a miniature one that does 70gph at max flow which would work nicely for what you are planning.

Some nerite snails will probably share the land space occasionally with the land hermits.

What kind of pump would you suggest? And would it be in the "pool tank" or would it be an outside component?

Back
Top Bottom