55 gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My LFS. For some reason, they are high on some fish, normal on most, and for some reason really low on others. A Scopas Tang goes for $25 at mine. Not the most colorful of Tangs, but very hardy and very active swimmer.

Also, posted was a FOWLR, that’s why I suggested a Falco. As they are very curious creatures. I’ve always had luck with having all Semi-aggressive fish together. When you start dipping into aggressive only, that’s where mixes are interesting.

Ok so this is not a stocking list only a larger list of fish im considering

-clown (unsure species)
-blenny tailspot possibly
-goby/pistol shrimo combo
-wrasse of some sort
-coral beauty
-tang? Scopas still unsure about a tang in a 55

Should be fine other than maybe the tailspot. My friends was a coral nipper. Hit or miss with them. Wait this is a fowlr right? Jk blennies is fine

I would not install any valve on out line .They can restrict flow leading to tank overflow ...
I if I thought I needed to I would install ball valves on returns.. It is the pump that really dictates everything.. Most never have a pump too strong to cause issue with standard size overflows .They lack understanding head pressures effect on GPH of return pumps. But if you do have a pump to strong it needs to be throttled. You can't increase the flow of the out lines to sump and pumps should only be slowed after the pump..
Average 1 1/2 inch pvc flows in excess of 700GPH with gravity only...2 lines should yield you 1400gph flow. The overflow will never go too fast as the pump truly controls how fast water flows into it.
I have run mag 900s on my single overflow 75g and mag 24 on my 180 dual overflow .I now run a jeboa 12,000 LPH digital on the 180 and 120.
I like digital pumps as no valves are needed .You simply turn pump down[if needed] and save electricity also...Dc pumps also transfer less to no heat to tank. The mags add on average 4 degrees to tank above room temp..
You could be all set with a 6000...(y)
https://www.amazon.com/Jecod-Jebao-...qid=1524871999&sr=8-14&keywords=jebao+dc+pump
The jeboa gyres rock also .
I won't buy another wave maker again.
WP 25 /40....(y)

The ball valves on overflow are simple for maintenance specifically water changes. And i actully have a small plc i got through my electeical apprenticeship so i will be automating pretty much everthying as far as lighting wave pumps etc will even have some built in alarms. Ive completly redesigned my setup that was a 2am sketch haha so sleep was at a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom