55 Patience is a Virtue Seawater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ammonia -- .50 ppm
Nitrite -- 0

I didn't know that Chromis hide when not in groups. My research only said that they were peaceful and would school. Only after doing a search for chromis hiding did I find that.

My chromis is parked in the shadows above my heater.

SRC

Install Taotronics light tonight. Will get matching light when I have more cash to spend.

SRC

Attachments

• image-631442545.jpg
    image-631442545.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 144
To answer your question, my wife. She all the sudden got behind the project and wants to get me a second light now.

Chromis and mollie in tunnel.

Attachments

• image-1974029398.jpg
    image-1974029398.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 99
Day 6

Ammonia -- .50ppm
Nitrite -- .25 ppm
Nitrate -- 20 ppm

Just did a water change.

I don't know how you feel about yours, but I love my tank.

Attachments

• image-2022857475.jpg
    image-2022857475.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Doing 20% water changes every other day. Just did it this morning.

I have no algae to use the nitrate. I want to get some coralline from somewhere.

Everyone in the tank is looking happy.

Dude the DIY live rock is friggen awesome! The tank looks great! And I love the huge DSB!

Dude the DIY live rock is friggen awesome! The tank looks great! And I love the huge DSB!

Thanks! Looking forward to being done with work for the day and just go home and stare at it.

Got a flat screen upstairs. But I hang out downstairs with the smaller older HDTV so I can look over at the tank. Anyone else do the same?

Waiting for the cycle to be over so I can add a couple clowns.

SRC <><

Attachments

• image-930703713.jpg
    image-930703713.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 130
Anyone have experience with pistol shrimp? Once the cycle is done, a goby and pistol shrimp are high on the list with a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. Planning on adding Xenia and ricordea.

That's actually what I want so badly! I really don't know either so I'm on the same boat as you!

Haha. Patience Patience!

I keep shopping, well virtual shopping at reefs2go. I keep filling my shopping cart. I also check tidal gardens. Coral Props is a couple miles away. Might see if I can go there rather than online order and pick my corals.

Joined a local reef club in Facebook.

SRC

Attachments

• image-4083487210.jpg
    image-4083487210.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 135
Sonomakid, this photo is for you, to help you understand the mounting of the light. The lower hook, cables and clips came with the Taotronics LED.

Attachments

• image-4262217524.jpg
    image-4262217524.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 112
I am enjoying the light. Looking forward to the time when I have something that needs it, but it makes the fish and tank look great.

Added a cinnamon clown today after extended drip acclimatizing. She is active and happy. My daughter named her "Coral".

SRC

Attachments

• image-2729348926.jpg
    image-2729348926.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom