55g stocking list - opinions welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxStLxx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im just about done with my used 55g TruVu reef ready system that I drilled and added a 20g long that I made into a sump. I just have to add sand and water and let the rock cycle (got reef saver rock from BRS)

Right now Im thinking about a:
Potters Angel
Maroon yellow banded clown w/ rose bubble
Scopas tang
Mystery Wrasse
Longnose Hawk

And possibly a Red Maderin later down the road when the tank is more established and my reef is going good.

So any suggestions or feedback would be great

Aren't the potter's angels the really hard angel to keep? I would doubel check on that one. and unfortunately a 55g is too small for a tang. :-( Otherwise it looks good, just make sure you have a lid if you go with a wrasse, they are jumpers.

Just giving you my 50 gallon fish list for ideas sake:

Scooter Dragonet
2 Oscellaris Clowns
Lineatus Wrasse
Mccosker's Wrasse
Royal Gramma

Yup sorry about the tang. 125g would be ideal. And the potters are very difucult I think. Make sure you have enough lighting for the nem! GL!!!!!

I used to have a 200g mixed reef before I enlisted where I had beautiful butterflies and angels and tangs but it just stinks now with the smaller tank with limitations lol. I don't think the potters will be too hard, can't be much worse than butterflies. I was only ify about the tang really just wanted to see what other people's inputs would be

I don't think the potters can go in a 55 and if u get a tang get a kole rang!

Yes I'm starting to think the tang is too big for the tank. Even if I just had it to raise to a bigger size then sell it. I wanted to get the potters angel to add some difficulty to the tank. As its not a nano and will have a sump and refugium I'm thinking there will be less difficulties with water chemistry taking some of the fun out of it so I figured I'd add a couple hard to keep fish to keep it interesting. Call me crazy but I love the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom