58 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude343

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i am making a 58 gallon reef tank.This is my first saltwater tank i have done.I have had some experence with fresh water fish but nothing that advanced.I am going to have a sump for my tank.Here is a list of fish i want to have in my tank please leave suggestions on if i should remove, add or if the list is good.

two false percula clownfish
one rolyal gramma
3-5 green chormis
one watchman gobby

Thanks

Also, chromis are schooling fish and would probably be happier if you had a small school of one species (3-5 fish) rather than one individual each of two species.

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner is also a great SW book

ok thanks, i think ill drop the blue reef chormis unless anyone says i shouldn't.I think ill get 3-5 green chormis.Does anyone know about the 2 clownfish fighting because i read they might be agressive to each other.Should i just watch them and see if they fight.

Get two small clownfish and add them at the same time. One will get larger than the other and start to bully the smaller one for a time. That will stop after a while without any real harm being done.

cant rely on the inch rule it doesnt account for how much i bioload the fish puts into the tank or how messy of an eater they are, also it doesnt account really for how much the fish will grow

I agree. The inch rule is a vague rule. It really depends on the fish and his size and eating habits.

You already had a goby on the list. I might even suggest a pink spotted goby.

000_0252.jpg

100_1498.jpg

Fishdude,

Please start a new topic. You will get better results with a subject line that decribes your question.

The short answer is that the correct amount of LR and a PS are your filter. You need both. The LR houses the beneficial bacteria and the PS removes disolved organics.

Lighting fixutres for what? What do you want to maintain? Please post a new topic for that one and describe your tank and what you want to keep.

Back
Top Bottom