5g Stock Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a 5g AIO tank that was used as a saltwater tank. I'll probably end up using it as a Zoa Garden, but need ideas of what else to stock it with. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fish wise maybe a small goby. 5 gallons is pretty tiny for sw. I’d stick to cool inverts like sexy shrimp, Pom Pom crabs and then maybe a goby/shrimp pair

Fish wise maybe a small goby. 5 gallons is pretty tiny for sw. I’d stick to cool inverts like sexy shrimp, Pom Pom crabs and then maybe a goby/shrimp pair

Agree with Bribo but I’d stick to the smaller shrimp gobies.

I meant more like yashas or hi fin gobies. Clown gobies are another good option, they always have bold personalities once they get comfortable in there surroundings

I meant more like yashas or hi fin gobies. Clown gobies are another good option, they always have bold personalities once they get comfortable in there surroundings

Any of those captive bred? I love gobies, but most are saltwater, and I prefer captive bred over every single other option.

I know yashas are, I’m sure hi fins are too being so similar. Not sure on clown gobies tbh, but I would imagine they are

Check biotas website for captive bred. I know they do a lot of different fish.

So, my LFS can get in captive bred Yasha gobies. What would be a natural shrimp for them to pair with? I know that some gobies typically pair with a specific species of shrimp, but others are less picky.

If I put an unpaired goby and shrimp in QT, would they pair in it? If they did, would they still be a pair after going into the display tank?

In a 5G I’d just add them both straight to the tank and it shouldn’t take them long to find each other. No reason to quarantine if it’s the only fish going into the system as long as it looks healthy at the store, but tank raised fish are pretty hardy.

I also don't QT my inverts. They are sensitive enough as it is. One slow drip acclimation is already enough to be deadly. The likelihood of parasites off of them, I read some article about it in my early years into the hobby, said that is under 1% due to it being so immeasurable due to the type that they would carry. I don't recall the reasons or all that goes into it all, but it stuck with me. And if it was provided by some of the experts from the forums here at the time like Mr X, then I took it as gospel.

Back
Top Bottom