6 x 8w t5 tubes on a 17g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wesson89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What corals/nems could i house under these lights, tank depth is 40cm 4 white 6.5k 2 atnic 17 gallon 40cm cube tank

Do they stretch the length of the tank? You should be able to keep anything under 6 bulbs as long as you place your high light corals in the top half of the tank but you should even still see high light coral growth on the sandbed at 40 cm

Yep it will be good but you want to hold off on Nems for 4-8 months

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. I've seen people put them in brand new tanks and live but you are running that risk. Nothing happens fast in SW and patience needs to become your best friend for the best results. There are many different microorganisms that need to develop in your tank over the first year before it is a fully established healthy reef tank. Also, when a nem dies it can nuke a tank (kill everything in it) since it will release all its toxins into the water so youll be risking an expensive nem and anything else in the tank.

Oh well that will drastically cut that time down then. If that was an established tank and you just moved some stuff into it I would give it a month or two to stabalize.

Back
Top Bottom